The Amtec V3 is a portable DVT screening device developed by Amtec Medical Limited. It is a simple, fast and non-invasive test, which is used as part of a DVT pathway to safely screen patients with suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
Circa 85% of patients who present with a suspected DVT don't actually have one. The Amtec V3 detects disruptions in venous blood flow and, used in conjunction with clinical risk scoring (Wells), the Amtec V3 enables a hospital, DVT clinic or Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to quickly and safely screen and discharge the majority of query DVT patients.
Using the Amtec V3 offers a genuine step-change in the process and cost of query DVT screening and diagnosis in both primary and secondary care. Such a service took the First Prize award at the national Thrombus Innovation Awards in February 2014.
- Quickly assess query DVT patients
- Get an objective and reliable result in 10 minutes
- Fast, non-invasive test
- Portable, convenient and patient-friendly
- Significant savings in DVT management costs
- Reduce ultrasound referrals for query DVT patients
- Free up ultrasound resources
- Avoid risk and cost of unnecessary anticoagulation